While thousands of stray dogs in Sochi were being killed in the most inhumane ways to clear the streets for the Olympic games, the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the governing body of the Olympics, looked on and did absolutely nothing to stop the cruelty.
In its charter, the IOC is responsible for promoting “a positive legacy from the Olympic Games to the host cities and host countries.”
Letting thousands of stray dogs be violently killed is in stark contrast to Olympic values. It’s simply unacceptable.
Tell the IOC to heed its creed and never allow for such cruelty under its watch again.
You can sign the Care2 petition here
- February 8, 2014 Stop the Sochi Stray Dog Slaughter
As the Winter Olympics draw closer, there's been a lot of […]
- March 19, 2016 Demand an end to the killing of fox cubs
'Cubbing' is a cruel practice where young hunting dogs are […]
- July 7, 2015 Don’t let China host the 2019 World Dog Show unless it stops Yulin’s dog-meat festivals!
This year's tragic dog-meat festival in Yulin, China, is over — […]
- June 23, 2014 Ban Cruel Horse Carriages in Petropolis, Brazil!
Thanks to the World Cup, all eyes are on Brazil's major cities. […]
- December 23, 2014 Serbia: Don’t evict 450 dogs from a sanctuary on Christmas Day!
Officials in Nis, Serbia have ordered dog catchers to round up […]