Flash Decompiler Trillix for Mac 3.1 ($79.95) is now out of beta and while it isn’t something that I have any personal need for, I have a feeling that a number of you may be interested in and so I decided that rather than review it which to be frank would be a bit of a waste of a good license, and in all probability wouldn’t be that in depth as I am no expert I have decided that I will write up the product and offer the license to readers of the site.
No catches. Just leave a comment and I will pick one out at random. I don’t want anything in return, but if you fancy dropping me a review or leaving a comment at a later stage then that would be great.
Flash Decompiler Trillix (former SWF to FLA Converter) converts Adobe Flash SWF files back into FLA format which can easily be edited in native Flash environment.
Flash Decompiler Trillix (former SWF to FLA Converter) converts Adobe Flash SWF files back into FLA format which can easily be edited in native Flash environment. Every group of objects such as morphs, shapes, texts, fonts, motions, sounds, ActionScripts, etc. could be placed in separate FLA library groups, which makes using and working with the resulting FLA file much easier.
Moreover, since Trillix version, in addition to SWF to FLA conversion, Flash Decompiler can extract all objects (images, sounds, video, shapes, text, morphs, ActionScripts, etc) used in SWF files into various file formats just in several clicks.
Additionally, you may customize FLA file workspace by enabling/disabling grids, rulers; specifying grid accuracy and so on. Every morph or shape can be placed on different layers to make sure that masks layers are working properly. Flash Decompiler Trillix is the only Mac OS tool to export the whole SWF movie in FLA format that supports Flash MX and ActionScript 2.0.
Several reasons why you may need Flash Decompiler Trillix
Restore your original FLA file from SWF in case you have lost it
No matter how sadly it is to say, but nobody is protected from human errors and hardware faults. In case you should ever lose your original FLA files you may easily restore them from available SWF files using Eltima’s Flash Decompiler Trillix, thereby saving you time and efforts to develop or modify your Flash movies.
Make changes to SWF file when you don’t have its source code (original FLA file)
Once your artwork is converted to SWF file it cannot be edited in Macromedia Flash Studio (the same as with executable files). To be able to make changes to SWF you must have its original source code. Eltima’s Flash Decompiler Trillix OS allows you to extract all resources from SWF and save them in FLA file which is editable. Now, you can easily change Flash objects (modify text or hyperlink, replace sound/image, etc.) and convert it back to SWF file.
Modify protected SWF file
If you forgot the password to your SWF file it is not a problem any longer. Flash Decompiler Trillix bypasses this protection mechanism while decompiling SWF file resources. Once you have converted it to FLA you can set new protection in your favorite Flash editor. Please, note that some SWF files may be copyrighted.
Improve your designer’s skills by learning from others
Rather than trying duplicate or reinvent dazzling animation effects you may find on the net, you may pick into the SWF source code (FLA) to find out how exactly those effects were created and achieve greater results you can’t even think of.
Full features list
- The only all-in-one converter and extractor from SWF into FLA for Mac
- Very simple and fast few-clicks SWF to FLA decompilation
- New flexible and more convenient user friendly program interface with intellectual, fully customizable controls
- Flash Decompiler Trillix combines both: SWF to FLA conversion and SWF objects extraction using various formats
- Unique SWF conversion algorithms make this program the most reliable and fastest way to restore Flash objects from SWF
- All the objects used in SWF file can be easily extracted into different file formats for further editing and using them in other applications
- Flash Decompiler Trillix offers Advanced and Simple program mode for your convenience
- Over 50 options available to extract sounds, images, videos, shapes, frames, morphs, fonts, texts, buttons, sprites and ActionScripts with the great accuracy
- All Flash versions are supported for decompilation (Note: Flash 9 is currently supported in beta mode, Flex-produced SWF files are not converted to FLA since there are no source file for them). The resulting FLA files are editable in any Flash Studio starting with Flash MX
- Fully support native and most of third-party Flash components
- Provides ability to extract every object into a separate layer
- Group SWF objects (text/motion/sound/ActionScripts, etc.) into a separate library entry for better representation
- Specify folder’s name for each FLA library
- Sophisticated morphs conversion algorithms are supported to ensure that all frames are correctly extracted
- Extract Flash objects from protected SWF files
- Unique correction settings presets to help in resolving issues with file conversion
- Customize resulting FLA project to better suite your needs (enable/disable grids, rulers, advanced snapping options, etc.)
- On-screen detailed conversion parameters description
- Professionally selected default conversion settings help you achieve the best results
And Danny no – this isn’t buying comments 🙂