Search Garmin on this blog and you will not be surprised that when it came to selecting a Dash Cam for use on our ALStrays Pet Transports I went for the Garmin Dash Cam 20 HD Vehicle Driving Recorder with GPS, which currently costs £129.00 from Amazon.
Key features include:
- HD Vehicle Driving Recorder/Dash Camera with 2.3″ LCD display and integrated microphone
- Records in either 1080p 720p or WVGA
- Stamps footage with location, direction, speed and time
- Incident detection sensor automatically saves footage of collisions and incidents
- Snapshot feature allows you to take still images, even remove from vehicle, to capture collision damage
Set up is really easy (you can live with the defaults happily enough), and installation a breeze (if you use the USB charger rather than the cigarette charger you will have to live with the device detecting USB mode each time it powers up), and it is extremely easy to use with just four buttons which you really don’t need to use as it automatically detects and saves ‘incidents’ and one button allows you to manually save incidents.
Connection to Mac or PC simple enough, although as with all video content importing and editing is a tad time consuming (I am still working on a sample of a typical transport as I keep forgetting).
The quality is great, although you may not actually use it that much as it is very much a safety net which hopefully you will never need, but any scroll through Facebook will show you how much fun they can be!!!