Today in the fifth of the series of Regular Readers we hear from Blake Brannon
1. As this blog covers a lot of Mac related products what was your first Apple product that you bought?
An iMac G4 1.25Ghz model
2. On a similar theme, but moving forward what will be the next Apple product that you buy?
I want a new laptop but haven’t worked out what and when yet!
3. Do you have an all time favourite Apple product or Mac application?
iPhoto. haven’t seen anything else that comes close. iPhoto 08 is a great improvement
4. The blog also covers other subjects, so do you have any specific interests or hobbies that keep you busy?
I do research on 802.11 throughput performance. Most things Apple interest me
5. What would be your all time favourite technology gadget?
6. How do you pay the bills, or if you are studying what are your future plans to pay the bills?
Research assistantship with Georgia Tech and my wife
7. What three words or phrases would your friends use to describe you?
Computer addict, blakeopedia, dry humor
8. Anything else you want to share with us?
About These Interviews
A significant attraction for me in blogging is the ‘community’ that it creates. I am never going to be ‘up there’ with the young bloggers – I am not going to be that attractive to your average teenage blog reader, I actually don’t want to be as I find a lot of the stuff that interests them remarkably shallow and insipid, and I am perfectly happy with the slightly more mature (mentally and/or physically) reader that I attract.
I have ‘met’ some great people through the blog, some I communicate with daily, others much less frequently, but collectively they add to the enjoyment and satisfaction I get from blogging.
This series of interviews is a way of you getting to know each other better, and hopefully attract more of you to participate in the blog. I know there are a lot more of you out there that read the site regularly but don’t comment. That is your right of course, but trust me there are a really great bunch of readers around that I am sure you would get on with.
If you want to be included in this series please just email me either with your answers to these 8 questions or with any questions you may have.
And finally, thanks to all the readers who have participated in this series, and thanks to all of you for reading. I will do a long post at the end of the series with all the interviews so you can catch up easily on any that you miss, or get a great overview of some of the common answers, and some of the wildly different answers!