Today in the sixth of the series of Regular Readers we hear from Glenn Wolsey:
1. As this blog covers a lot of Mac related products what was your first Apple product that you bought?
The first was an iPod, although that let off a chain reaction, I’ve slowly worked my way up the ranks 😉
1. iPod 3G
2. iMac G5
3. iPod shuffle
4. iMac Intel
6. Airport Extreme
7. iPod nano 2G
8. iPod 60GB 5G
9. Mac Pro
10. 30″ Apple Cinema Display
2. On a similar theme, but moving forward what will be the next Apple product that you buy?
Apple related, probably another Mac notebook or another Apple Cinema Display. I think camera gear sits ahead of Apple products at this stage in time
3. Do you have an all time favourite Apple product or Mac application?
The iPod. This excellent device got me involved in the whole Apple Cult, immediately forcing me to purchase a Mac. If it wasn’t for the iPod, none of this would have happened.
4. The blog also covers other subjects, so do you have any specific interests or hobbies that keep you busy?
I love photography, and am heavily involved in shooting different things for different people. I love to head out with the camera and get stuck into the creative art of making images
5. What would be your all time favourite technology gadget?
It would have to be the iPod, it really reinvented the way I listened to music.
6. How do you pay the bills, or if you are studying what are your future plans to pay the bills?
Currently a student. Looking to stay involved in media down the track to pay the bills, possibly a career in photography
7. What three words or phrases would your friends use to describe you?
Obsessive. Humorous. Venturesome
8. Anything else you want to share with us?
About These Interviews
A significant attraction for me in blogging is the ‘community’ that it creates. I am never going to be ‘up there’ with the young bloggers – I am not going to be that attractive to your average teenage blog reader, I actually don’t want to be as I find a lot of the stuff that interests them remarkably shallow and insipid, and I am perfectly happy with the slightly more mature (mentally and/or physically) reader that I attract.
I have ‘met’ some great people through the blog, some I communicate with daily, others much less frequently, but collectively they add to the enjoyment and satisfaction I get from blogging.
This series of interviews is a way of you getting to know each other better, and hopefully attract more of you to participate in the blog. I know there are a lot more of you out there that read the site regularly but don’t comment. That is your right of course, but trust me there are a really great bunch of readers around that I am sure you would get on with.
If you want to be included in this series please just email me either with your answers to these 8 questions or with any questions you may have.
And finally, thanks to all the readers who have participated in this series, and thanks to all of you for reading. I will do a long post at the end of the series with all the interviews so you can catch up easily on any that you miss, or get a great overview of some of the common answers, and some of the wildly different answers!