you control:tunes lets you ‘access your music library and control iTunes from the menu bar” It is a really good application, and it is FREE!
I tend to get drawn towards menu bar applications, especially free ones that are as great as this. Installation is the ‘usual’ drag over to the applications folder and then there are some preferences to play around with. The “About You” is just personal information stuff, but “Menus” has some pretty good options. Here you can chose how the controls look and act in the menu bar, which elements of iTunes you want to control (podcasts, genre, album, artist etc)
A solid application that is well worth taking a look at.
You Control: Tunes 1.5.1 was released on April 10, 2007. This version fixes an issue when running iTunes in languages other than English. We encourage all users of to upgrade to this version. Click the Download link above to get this version.
This release requires Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and above.
* View the rating of the currently playing song in the menu bar.
* Change the rating of the currently playing song in the menu bar.
* Place cool looking iTunes controls in the menu bar.
* Control iTunes without leaving your current application.
* Assign hot keys to your favorite iTunes commands.
* Navigate the iTunes library via a menu.
* Cool overlays display album artwork and current song.
* Place iTunes controls directly in the Mac OS X menu bar.
* Macintosh – PowerPC or Intel
* Mac OS X v10.4 (Tiger) or higher
* 10 MB free hard disk space
* Internet connection required for some modules to get updated information and for product registration