Following my product review of the Gray-Nicolls Hypernova 2000 batting gloves and the comment I made about not being sure I would use them for T20 and that I had considered some Black Cricket Batting Gloves I was kindly and surprisingly sent a pair of DKP Pro Edition Batting Gloves.
For clarification they were a gift from a mate not from DKP so this is very much a personal view point.
I will say thought that having never heard of DKP before I am semi in love with their product range already and have no hesitation in suggesting you take a look.
As fate would have it they arrived the same day as another mate showed me his Gray-Nicolls ‘Member Only’ Black Batting Gloves (was tempted but thankfully they have sold out!) so I was able to do a quick comparison. Although £10 cheaper these were as good in my opinion, but so much equipment is that it really is a case of either preferred brand or budget I think.
Loved the look and feel and the protection is great. If anything are a little snug (will stretch) so if you wear inner gloves you may want to work on stretching them a little.
These WILL BE my T20 gloves this season ……. honest!!
Manufacturers Product Description
The DKP Pro Edition navy and black cricket batting gloves containing pittards leather palm with anti-wear on palm and heel maximising comfort and durability when at the crease.
The Pro Series gloves oozes class with no compromise on comfort or protection.
- An ergonomic hybrid design with “shark-tooth” splits and traditional lead fingers
- Developed using the highest quality materials from lightweight high density impact foam to finest quality Pittards leather for superior comfort and fit.
- Premium Pittards leather palm provides exceptional feel, grip, durability and moisture management.
- Interlocking finger design with split ‘V’ design effect for flexibility and freedom of movement.
- Ultra-light HDF (High Density Foam) for impact shock absorption with fibre-shield inserts and soft fill which provide a high level of impact resistance.
- Additional impact bars on side and thumb combined with Gel Zone technology.
About The Review
Reviews will always identify whether the product has been bought for my own use, gifted for my own use, or sent for review. I will keep items I have bought or been gifted. Items sent for review once reviewed will be donated to No Boundaries Cricket Club.
Reviews will always be my personal, unbiased, opinion based on my experience of the product and my own abilities. The reality is that most of the time I will not warrant the quality of product being reviewed, but what can I say, I like “stuff” especially “good quality stuff” so that is all there is to say on the matter!!
Reviews will include the list price and where applicable the price paid, a link to the source of the product and the manufacturer and where available manufacturer published product information. If a manufacturer or seller has asked me to publish a special discount or offer I will make this clear.
If you have a question or opinion please leave it in the comments below and I will reply.
We will write a Featured Review for a donation of £25 to No Boundaries Cricket Club and this will be CLEARLY categorised as a Featured Post.